Slide Shows and Programs...
Check out our new programs!!
In addition to being a licensed Montana fishing outfitter, Federation of Fly Fishers certified fly casting instructor, outdoor writer and photographer, Greg is often an invited speakers to fishing clubs and organizations. His photography has appeared in several fishing magazines and books. Greg has been featured at Trout Unlimited, Federation of Fly Fishers, sportsmen meetings and banquets in Delaware, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, Connecticut and the District of ColumbiaDC. The quality of his programs is outstanding and the presentations have always been well received.
Listed below are short descriptions of the slide shows and programs which Greg routinely offers to the public. Please feel free to contact Greg at any time regarding their programs and fees, (302)378-0244.
1. "Essence of Fly Fishing" (NEW)--This presentation describes the aspects which makes fly fishing a lifetime sport. The solitude, beautiful locations, wild fish, interactions with the environment, the strategy, the presentation that captivate, intrigue and absorb us. Excellent choice for general audiences and banquets. (Two projectors with one image dissolving into the next, viewed on one screen. Program is set to a musical sound track.)
2. "South Florida Fly Fishing for Butterfly Peacock Bass" (NEW)--A slide show which explores the thriving self-sustaining butterfly peacock fishery which has been developed throughout 330+ miles of fresh water canals in southeast Florida's Dade (Miami) and Broward (Ft. Lauderdale) counties. Strategies, techniques, flies and tackle are presented to introduce fishermen to these beautiful exotic fish. (Two projectors with one image dissolving into the next, viewed on one screen.)
3. "Beyond Trout"--A program which features a dedicated trout fly fisherman’s metamorphosis into a fisherman for warm water and salt water species. The angler discovers a wealth of angling opportunities in terms of solitude, beautiful environmental settings and great fish. The show includes smallmouth bass, northern pike, striped bass, false albacore, king mackerel and Spanish mackerel. Angling strategies, techniques, flies and tackle to catch these fish are presented. Lots of graphics and big fish photos. (Two projectors with one image dissolving into the next, viewed on one screen.)
4. "Tricos, PMDs and Callibaetis"--A slide show about the life cycle of three important mayflies to the trout fly fisherman. This program features superb macrophotography of the life cycle of Tricos, Pale Morning Duns and Callibaetis. Photos illustrating angling strategies, techniques and flies for catching trout when these insects are active and hatching is an important component of this program. This show is more suited for serious trout fishermen than general audiences. (Two projectors with one image dissolving into the next, viewed on one screen.)
5. "Fall Fly Fishing in Pennsylvania for Trout and Smallmouth Bass"--This program presents strategies and techniques for the fly fisherman to catch trout and smallmouth bass in Pennsylvania during the low water conditions of the fall. The freestone streams of north central Pennsylvania and the Susquehanna River are featured. Great scenery and beautiful wild fish photos are included. (Two projectors with one image dissolving into the next, viewed on one screen.)
6. "Montana Fly Fishing"--This presentation is a travelogue featuring the outstanding trout rivers, streams and lakes of Montana on which we have guided during the summer. The show explores the Montana fly fishing experience: solitude, scenic beauty, abundant wildlife and blue ribbon trout waters. This program is suitable for general audiences. (Two projectors, two screen presentation with the opening and closing set to a musical sound track. Projectors are set to fade in and fade out so that both images may be viewed simultaneously.)
7. "Introduction to Fly Casting"--This presentation will teach participants basic skills relative to casting with a fly rod. It can be organized as a class with limited seating or as a large group demonstration. In a small class, students would receive individual "hands on" instruction and in the large group presentation, we would demonstrate casting techniques. The small class would be representative of our fly fishing school, "Introduction to Fly Fishing for Trout and Smallmouth Bass".
8. "Intermediate and Advanced Fly Casting Seminar"--A program designed to help intermediate and advanced fly rod casters refine and hone their casting skills. Topics to be discussed and explored include: loop control, rod planes, loop planes, shooting line, reach casts, rolls casts, single hauls, double hauls and distance casting. It can be organized as a class with limited seating or as a large group demonstration. In a small class, students would receive individual "hands on" instruction and in the large group presentation, we would demonstrate casting techniques.
Montana River Guides--Home
Copyright © Gregory G. Mentzer, September 2007. All rights reserved.